The new 1080p HD Apple TV package from Amazon was waiting for me yesterday when I came from work to home. The package looks the same as previous version and contains the same things: the sleek black apple tv, aluminium IR remote and power cord. When you put the old and new side by side […]
Monthly Archives: March 2012
Bank fees will add up quickly and you really shouldn’t need to pay your bank any fees. I primarily bank at Chase and they charge $6 account maintenance fee if you don’t have at least 5 debit card transactions or a minimum $500 direct deposit on your account. Now I have two checking accounts one […]
Some time ago I posted on how you can get started creating portlets with Liferay Maven SDK now I’m going to show how you can add themes to your project. If you need a refresher on how to get started check out this post.
1) Open command prompt or terminal and go to your project directory. Next we are going to create a theme using the Liferay theme template. Run:
Now you have your theme project in sample-theme directory with following structure.
2) Open the theme pom.xml file. From the properties section remove liferay.version and liferay.auto.deploy.dir properties. These properties should be defined in the pom.xml in your project root just as we did with the portlet project.
You should also note that there’s two additional properties liferay.theme.parent and liferay.theme.type. These set the parent theme and the theme template language just like in ant based plugins sdk. The property liferay.theme.parent however allows you to define basically any war artifact as the parent. The syntax is groupId:artifactId:version or you can use the core themes: _unstyled, _styled, classic and control_panel.
3) Now you can add your customizations in src/main/webapp. Just follow the same structure as you would do in _diffs. So your custom.css would go to src/main/webapp/css/custom.css.
4) Once you’ve done your customizations and want to create the war file just run
It will create the war file just like with any maven war type project. Another thing it will do is download and copy your parent theme and then overlay your changes on top of it. It will also create a thumbnail from src/main/webapp/images/screenshot.png just like ant based plugins sdk does. These are accomplished by adding the theme-merge and build-thumbnail goals into the generate-sources phase.
5) Now deploy the theme into your Liferay bundle by running:
My old iPhone case broke sometime ago and I need to protect my iPhone 4 so I thought I’d give LifeProof a try since it is supposed to make it water, dirt, snow and shock resistant. Check out the video where the guy demonstrating it goes snorkling with his iPhone and even uses it to […]
If you are a foreigner like me that has come to US to work you’ll very soon notice that you will be paying a lot extra for everything because you don’t any credit history. For example I had to pay extra security deposit on my apartment, gas, electricity and even get a non-prepaid phone. All […]